Capital Improvement Division Manager
The City of Chandler Public Works & Utilities Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Capital Improvement Division Manager. This position will manage up to 30 staff to include engineering, design, construction and real estate professionals. In addition, this position will oversee fiscal, budgetary and personnel functions as well as goal setting and policy making alongside the Department Director. Essential functions include:
- Manages operations within the Civil Engineering and Telecommunication and Utility Franchise Divisions to develop, enhance or sustain quality services by providing budget and program development and oversight; resolves complex issues; develops and communicates department and individual expectations, policies, procedures and strategic direction.
- Supervises and oversees the daily operations of the Civil Engineering and Telecommunication and Utility Franchise Divisions by setting goals and objectives, manages schedules and work priorities, monitors and evaluates performance, facilitates access to resources and training, provides guidance and addresses issues, conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
- Develops budget recommendations and administers division budget.
- Consults and interprets a variety of civil engineering and city code items for internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts and reviews special projects.
- Advises leadership in area of assignment.
- May serve as back up to the Director.
- Serves as the City Engineer for the Development Services Department.
- Serves as the Floodplain Administrator for the City.